Please note: the FHiNZ booklet is not a guaranteed work offer and cannot be used to get a work permit.
- You must ring or write at least 24 hours in advance of wishing to stay.
- You must have a current membership booklet with the original colour cover. People without this booklet will not be hosted and will be turned away. Your passport will be checked for positive ID.
- Most farms will arrange to collect you from the nearest town.
- Treat all homes as smoke free unless told otherwise. Please tell the host before you arrive if you smoke and respect smoke free zones they impose. Don't expect to drink your host's alcohol, unless specifically invited, and ask if you may bring some with you if you are so inclined.
- You may be helping the farm for an average 4 to 6 hours a day, but hosts will vary this to fit their needs. Work may include cooking, housework and gardens as well as farm work.
- All toll calls must be paid for: ask before you use the phone.
- No farm experience is needed but bring old clothes and shoes. Safety equipment and rules must be followed at all times.
- Use English when in the home.
- In buying and signing a booklet, you accept that the sole purpose of FHiNZ is to make the host list available and cannot be held liable for any loss or injury to any persons or property using this scheme.
top of page